Re: [tkined] Mibs

Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de)
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 09:12:57 +0100

"D. Brian Kimmel" <briank@alki.kimbro.com> said:

D> I have written a tcl package to look at various terminal
D> servers that I need to monitor and am having trouble locating
D> the proper private mibs. Is there a resource where I can find
D> the latest mibs?

D> Specifically, I am looking for xyplex mib to match their 6.0.2
D> software and the Us Robotics MP/16.

D> I would really appreciate pointers to archive sites and/or
D> mail lists covering mibs. I have tried the manufacturers web
D> sites with little success.

There are no vendor MIB archives that are up to date. You have to go
to your manufactures Web page or ask the vendor of the products.

(MIBs should IMHO be delivered with the product. Its a shame that so
many vendors fail to do so and it is the job of the customers to
complain about it. This also applies to vendors who deliver MIBs that
are syntactically screwed up or which contain several standard and
private MIBs in one big file without any reasonable structure.)

Juergen

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder  schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de http://www.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw
Technical University Braunschweig, Dept. Operating Systems & Computer Networks