Re: Q: Adding a MIB in scotty

Jyoti Patel (jyoti@net.com)
Thu, 27 Mar 1997 10:49:24 -0800

> >First, I want to thank everyone who took the time to answer my last query.
> >It helped. Thanks a lot: Doug, deepak, clau and others.
> >
> >Is there any other way to have all the mib files loaded without having to
> >list each and every one of them in init.tcl file?? The mere existence of
> >these mib files in ..../lib/tnm2.1.5/site will not do the trick??
> >
> >We have 39 files to date and are in the process of generating more. So I
> >am looking for an easy way out.
> >

> How about this?
>
> foreach file [glob $MIBDIR/*.mib] {
> mib load $file
> }

Doug,

Are you saying that even if I have the site directory correctly setup with
all the mib files and init.tcl, I have to have the "mib load ..." line in
the script itself (meaning mibs are not automatically loaded)??

The reason why I ask is that with Perl and it's snmp extension, if the mib
files are located in the appropriate directory, mib files are auto loaded
and scripts simply access the attributes.

Please confirm.....

Thanks,
-Jyoti