Re: Q: Adding a MIB in scotty

Doug Hughes (Doug.Hughes@Eng.Auburn.EDU)
Thu, 27 Mar 1997 12:56:18 -0600

>> >First, I want to thank everyone who took the time to answer my last query.
>> >It helped. Thanks a lot: Doug, deepak, clau and others.
>> >
>> >Is there any other way to have all the mib files loaded without having to
>> >list each and every one of them in init.tcl file?? The mere existence of
>> >these mib files in ..../lib/tnm2.1.5/site will not do the trick??
>> >
>> >We have 39 files to date and are in the process of generating more. So I
>> >am looking for an easy way out.
>> >

>> How about this?
>>
>> foreach file [glob $MIBDIR/*.mib] {
>> mib load $file
>> }
>>
>Doug,
>
>Are you saying that even if I have the site directory correctly setup with
>all the mib files and init.tcl, I have to have the "mib load ..." line in
>the script itself (meaning mibs are not automatically loaded)??
>
>The reason why I ask is that with Perl and it's snmp extension, if the mib
>files are located in the appropriate directory, mib files are auto loaded
>and scripts simply access the attributes.
>
>Please confirm.....
>
>Thanks,
>-Jyoti

No, that was just an alternative. You can stick those 3 lines in your script
and not have to worry about updating the site/init.tcl file when you add new
mibs.

Alternative:
You can stick those lines in your site/init.tcl and have your own separate
mib directory and do the mib load or lappend to the tnm(mibs) variable in
that fashion. I was just giving you an idea of how to automate it in
a loop. (wherever you put that loop is up to you)