Re: Tcl7.5 missing file join

Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@cs.utwente.nl)
Tue, 25 Jun 1996 23:55:11 +0200

peter.maersk-moller@jrc.it (Peter Maersk-Moller) wrote:

> The README file for scotty-2.1.0 says it needs Tcl7.5 and Tk4.1

> It seems Tcl7.5 don't have the "file join .... ...." any more. The man
> page for the command file (in the n section) doesn't mention join any
> more. It was described though in the man pages for Tcl7.4/Tk4.0.

You have completely messed up your installation. The "file join"
command *is* in Tcl7.5 and *not* in Tcl7.4.

To all those people sending bug reports, please double check your
environment and the README files before sending me bug reports. I
sometimes even get questions like "why can't unzip unpack the
scotty-2.1.0.tar.gz file". I don't have the time to answer this kind
of questions. If you are not familiar with compiling/installing UNIX
sources, please ask your friends/administrators to help you out.

Another annoying problem are questions from people that do not have
valid reply addresses. Getting a bounce mail after spending time
to answer a questions really makes a bad feeling. So please double
check that you have a valid reply address when sending mail to me
or the list.

If the amount of questions (opposed to contributions) turns out to
become unmanageable for me, I will probably have to install a
filtering mechanism which will make it much more difficult for those
of you with serious reports/questions/contributions to get my
attention.

Juergen