Re: Problem building scotty 2.1.0

Greg A. Woods (woods@most.weird.com)
Tue, 25 Jun 96 17:14:50 -0400 (EDT)

[ On Tue, June 25, 1996 at 09:28:45 (-0400), Bruce Barnett wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Problem building scotty 2.1.0
>
> This is a good point. One person here had that problem, and put colons
> between fields. Perhaps the source could be modified to accept either
> spaces or colons as delimitors.

None of the TCLLIBPATH stuff is really necessary, and is not recommended
by the TCL documentation for self-contained packages like scotty & tkined.

I've got a set of patches, which I've already posted to this list, and
which are also available at the URL below, that eliminate the need to
set TCLLIBPATH for both scotty and tkined. The basic changes are very
simple, esp. for tkined, where the following two lines:

lappend auto_path /usr/local/lib/tnm2.1.0
lappend auto_path /usr/local/lib/tkined1.4.0

just before the line "package require Tkined 1.4", will fix the problem
for you. My patches do this with the configure script, of course.

ftp://ftp.weird.com/pub/scotty-local-2.1.0-v0.Patch

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734 VE3TCP robohack!woods Planix, Inc. <woods@planix.com>; Secrets of the Weird <woods@weird.com>