[tkined] unable to alloc again

From: Morgan Toal (morgan_toal@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 08:35:21 MET DST

I am also encountering the "unable to alloc" problem when
attempting to use SNMP tools in tkined. Another fellow
mentioned this problem a couple of days ago, he was using
tkined 1.4.9 on redhat 7.0.

It was recommended to... rm -rf /usr/lib/tnm2.1.9/i686-Linux-2.2.16-22
(except I have the SMP kernel) and to upgrade to version 1.4.10.

I am using 1.4.10-8, from rpm in the redhat 7.0 power tools disk.

I encounter the error in 2 separate rh 7.0 machines with 1.4.10-8.

After I delete the mib.idy files and restart tkined, it will
work maybe once or twice, and then I get the "unable to alloc"
message and lose all SNMP functionality.

I am wondering if anyone can shed some more light on this problem
with this added information, because tkined is slick, and I can't
wait to get it up and running!!! :)

Regards,
mtoal