Re: [tkined] Traps/Informs in SNMPv3

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de)
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 17:07:05 MET DST

>>>>> Sanapoori, Hari writes:

Hari> I am trying to verify whether the recent snapshot has the SNMPv3
Hari> traps/inform support. I searched the mailing list, and came to
Hari> know that, the snmpv3 listener will not drop any traps. It will
Hari> just call the callback function where user wants to disgard the
Hari> unwanted traps. But the problem is...

Hari> I have to specify in my agent to send traps to this distination
Hari> in this version. For that I need the engineID of the snmp
Hari> listener entity. So, my question is how we can get the engine ID
Hari> of the SNMPv3 Manager entity we are running in the host? I hope
Hari> somebody might have solution for this question and any help is
Hari> welcomed...

I think you can configure the engineID by using the -engineID session
configuration option. So you can pick an engineID value which is not
dynamic. (I did not test this - so I might be missing something here.)

/js