Re: [tkined] Multiple class C discovery errors

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 17:36:30 MET

>>>>> Brian Ford writes:

Brian> I was originally not aware that the list was closed.

The list is not really closed. You have to be subscribed to send
messages - the only reason for this rule is to keep spams from the
list.

Brian> Incidentally, I am trying this on a Sparc Solaris 7 system with
Brian> tcl/tk 8.2.3. I ran into one compile problem with CVS scotty
Brian> and two similar problems with 2.1.10. It seems that on Solaris
Brian> 7, ipaddr_t is defined in /usr/include/netinet/in.h to be a
Brian> uint32_t. This conflicts with the definitions for 2.1.10 in
Brian> tnm/generic/tnmNtp.c & tnm/ntping/ntping.c and for CVS in
Brian> nmicmpd.c. I would recommend using something similar to what
Brian> Sun did in /usr/include/netinet/in.h:

I thought this was easy to fix. Two hours later I have learned quite a
bit about the latest ANSI C standard proposal, the autoconf system and
I managed to come up with a hopefully working solution. The problem is
that you better use things like int32_t and uint32_t in order to be
portable. So you have to find out whether your system already has a
suitable definition or not. Once you know the fixed sized int types,
you can check for ipaddr_t and define it to be uint32_t if it is
missing.

Things are now in the CVS repository - but mostly untested since I
have no 64 bit systems. So comments and bug reports are welcome.

/js