Re: [tkined] Set-request binding on agents

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2000 - 09:24:28 MET

>>>>> Indranil Adak writes:

Indranil> Is it possible to make exec calls from the scripts
Indranil> used in bindings for set-requests.

Indranil> e.g. Is the following script correct ? (Assume : resendAlarm
Indranil> is a valid OID)

[...]

Indranil> This is not working for me. It's giving an error of the
Indranil> following type : genError is occuring on the agent side.

I do not see a reason why it should not work. Make sure your exec
command returns a suitable value etc.

Indranil> Second question : Can we use a script in the binding of a
Indranil> set-request which never returns ?

Indranil> e.g. Is the following script correct ?

Indranil> $s instance resendAlarm.0 resendAlarm $s bind resendAlarm.0
Indranil> set { while {1} { } }

No.

/js