[tkined] Set-request binding on agents

From: Indranil Adak (adakin@hpsgns1.sgp.hp.com)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2000 - 08:50:08 MET

Hi,

        Is it possible to make exec calls from the scripts used in bindings for
set-requests.

e.g. Is the following script correct ? (Assume : resendAlarm is a valid OID)

set interp [$s -cget agent]

$s instance resendAlarm.0 resendAlarm
$s bind resendAlarm.0 set {
        exec test.sh
}

This is not working for me. It's giving an error of the following type :
genError is occuring on the agent side.

Second question : Can we use a script in the binding of a set-request which
never returns ?

e.g. Is the following script correct ?

$s instance resendAlarm.0 resendAlarm
$s bind resendAlarm.0 set {
        while {1} {
        }
}

Your co-opeation would be highly appreciated

Indranil Adak