Re: [tkined] Can't get graphs to work for DVMRP parameter

Alan J. Flavell (flavell@a5.ph.gla.ac.uk)
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 11:44:07 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 5 Feb 1999, Juergen Schoenwaelder wrote:

> Sounds pretty strange. Can you please verify that sysUpTime.0 ticks
> correctly?

Hello. Yes, I realise now that you have put your finger right on the
problem. The mrouted software is maintaining the DVMRP parameters,
but its sysUpTime is always returned as zero.

I do not know if it will be possible to fix the mrouted code (I'm
using someone else's binary, I have not yet been successful myself in
building it from their source). Maybe I will have to modify
snmp_monitor.tcl so that it plots something, even when the sysUpTime
isn't available. Using maybe the nominal interval time, or just
plotting the differences.

Many thanks for your help.