Re: [tkined] (no subject)

Doug Hughes (Doug.Hughes@Eng.Auburn.EDU)
Wed, 3 Jun 1998 12:25:43 -0500

>Hello Everyone,
>I am working on a video on demand project at Sprint, and I would like
>to use SNMP to control my ATM switch. I downloaded Scotty but I cant
>get it to work, here is the message I am getting. Can you please heelp?
>
>./configure and make run with no problems, when I do make install
>I get the following error:
>
>"initialization failed: couldn't load file
>"/export/home/asena/test_1/lib/tnm2.1.6so":ld.so.1:./scotty fatal
>relocation error: file "/export/home/asena/test_1/lib/tnm2.1.6so:symbol
>dn_skipname:referenced symbol not found.
>"
>I am using a Sun Sparc machine with Solaris 2.6.

When you compiled Tcl/TK did you use the --enable-shared switch? (you should
have - same with scotty/tnm)

Why are you not using scotty2.1.8 or above?
which compiler are you using?

I just did a make install of 2.1.8 on 2.6 with Sun's sparcworks compilers
just now to see if it would work (it did)

Sounds like you've got some kind of resolver discrepancy from that statement.