Re: [tkined] Hi.

Doug Hughes (Doug.Hughes@Eng.Auburn.EDU)
Wed, 3 Jun 1998 12:21:11 -0500

>Quick question..
>
>Have any of you successfully setup tkined to page if any system is
>unreachable? I have been having troubles getting the event editor and job
>manager to work.
>
>If possible, could someone fill me in?

I added a single line to ip_monitor.tcl like this:

***************
*** 218,223 ****
--- 247,261 ----
set reachability_color($id) [ined -noupdate color $id]
set reachability_label($id) [ined -noupdate label $id]
ined -noupdate color $id red
+ exec echo "[ined name $id] is down - [exec date]" | /usr/ucb/mail -s "host [ined name $id] is down" admin,doug

Note: I don't really care about coming back up for the paging. I just
have the icon turn blue when a system comes back up so that I know that
it's been down. Then I can acknowledge it. (Much the way that Cisco's
NetCentral product used to do it, for anybody that remembers that)