Re: [tkined] How to install Tcl/Tk8.0 Sun package + Scotty?

Morgan Sarges (blip@morgan.iw.net)
Thu, 21 May 1998 09:48:03 -0500 (CDT)

On 20-May-98 Doug Hughes wrote:

> I've always used the sources myself since it's just so easy. I have no
> idea what's actually in the binary package.
>
> Not sure if this helps or not..
>
> You could probably make it work by playing with the scripts some more.
> However, I would have my doubts if the package was made with the
> --enable-shared
> flag, and if it wasn't, you may have problems building scotty. It works
> much better when the Tcl stuff has been built with --enable-shared.

Ill confirm what Doug mentioned above. Grab the tcl/tk source.

The tcl kit and the tk kit builds took about 3 minutes a piece on a
Sun Ultra I. Scotty build, about 8 minutes (had a typo in something somewhere).

The tcl/tk solaris pkg is kinda notorious for "almost" adding the whole pkg.

> --

Morgan Sarges Voice Phone: 605-338-8334
blip@morgan.iw.net Fax: 605-335-3942

System Administrator
Dakota Telecommunications Group
Network Operations Center

Leona, I want to CONFESS things to you ... I want to WRAP you in a
SCARLET ROBE trimmed with POLYVINYL CHLORIDE ... I want to EMPTY your
ASHTRAYS ...

PGP Public Key block available upon request.