Re: Install Problems

Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@gaertner.de)
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 23:45:04 +0200

Len Smith <lensmith@netcom.com> said:

Len> I saw in the archices that I am not the only person
Len> with this problem, but I did not find any solutions in the
Len> archive. Basically I compile Tcl7.5 and Tk4.1, and the
Len> scotty2.1.5 all under the same tree /scotty. The compiles and
Len> installs for Tcl and TK go fine. I compile scotty with no
Len> problem, but it fails when I try and install the libraries. I
Len> traced the problem to the fact that scotty is called by the
Len> make file and scotty is giving the below error. Any ideas,
Len> help,suggestions? I've tried Tcl7.5p1 and tk4.1, tcl7.6 &
Len> tk4.2, yatta yatta yatta and I get the same thing.

Len> mymachine% ./scotty
Len> initialization failed: couldn't load file
Len> "/apps/scotty-2.1.5/lib/tnm2.1.5.so": ld.so.1: ./scotty: fatal:
Len> relocation error: symbol not found: Tcl_SetVar2: referenced in
Len> /apps/scotty-2.1.5/lib/tnm2.1.5.so

This is very very likely a problem due to an inconsistent operating
system multiple tcl versions that are messed up on your system. It is
hard to help in these cases because one needs much more detailed
information in order to give any help. You don't even tell us which
operating system you have. One thing which sometimes helps people is
to remove all and every Tcl stuff from your system and reinstall from
scratch. This helps if people are linking against the wrong libraries.

Juergen

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder     <schoenw@gaertner.de>     (Tel: +49-531-23873-0)
Gaertner Datensysteme, Hamburger Strasse 273a, 38114 Braunschweig, Germany