Re: Using scotty with Tcl7.6/Tk4.2

Buz Owen (ado@bbn.com)
Thu, 10 Apr 1997 14:48:16 -0400

> I am using scotty 2.1.5 with Tcl7.6/Tk4.2 on a Solaris 2.5 system.

> If I try to set the global variable tk_strictMotif, I get the following
> error message: "can't set "tk_strictMotif": bad option "delete": should
> be bind, or raise". This variable is used by the mibtree program in the
> distribution.

scotty 2.1.5 and tk4.2 both define "event" commands. The latter part
of the error message you report is what you get if you give tk type
arguments to scotty's event command. Maybe there is a trace on the
variable tk_strictMotif that uses the tk event command.

> The problem does not occur when I use scotty 2.1.5 with Tcl7.5/Tk4.1.
>
> I read the scotty FAQ to make the appropriate changes for building with
> Tcl7.6/Tk4.2. I also changed the top of the mibtree program so that it
> execs wish4.2. Is there something else that I needed to do to get this
> to work?

The one place I ran into the event command conflict, I did a bit of
renaming around "package require Tnm". Maybe a comment about this
could go into the FAQ. What will the next version of scotty call
its event command? Presumably one would want to rename it to that.

> Scott Koumjian
> sak@netlink.com

hope this helps/buz