Re: Using scotty with Tcl7.6/Tk4.2

Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@gaertner.de)
Fri, 11 Apr 1997 01:04:12 +0200

Buz Owen <ado@bbn.com> said:

Buz> The one place I ran into the event command conflict, I did a bit of
Buz> renaming around "package require Tnm". Maybe a comment about this
Buz> could go into the FAQ. What will the next version of scotty call
Buz> its event command? Presumably one would want to rename it to that.

The undocumented `event' command will be removed in the next
version. This solves the name conflict quite nicely. ;-) I also added
a few lines of C code to check if a command is renamed when the Tnm
extension is loaded. The idea is that loading the package will fail
with an appropriate error message if a name clash occurs. We will see
if this is a good and useful sanity check.
Juergen

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder     <schoenw@gaertner.de>     (Tel: +49-531-23873-0)
Gaertner Datensysteme, Hamburger Strasse 273a, 38114 Braunschweig, Germany