Re: HP LASERJET MIB

Charles Owens (owensc@enc.edu)
Wed, 9 Apr 1997 08:00:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, Luis Enrique Garcia Fernandez wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'd be very grateful if someone could tell me how to get the private MIB for the HP LASERJET 4, if it exists. Thank you in anticipation.
>
> Luis Enrique Garcia.

What you're really looking for is the JetDirect MIO card MIB which is used
in the HP 4. If you poke around the HP web site in their support files
area you'll find tar files that contain JetDirect management software for
several different Unix flavors. Download the newest solaris version (when
I last did it the file name was hpnpB00sol.tar). Untar it in a temporary
directory. The file that you want is

./usr/lib/hpnp/examples/hpnp.mib

I was a bit disappointed at the information that is available in the MIB.

If you like I could sent you the mib myself. I can do plain text,
uuencode, or MIME....

good luck,

---
  Charles N. Owens                               Email:  owensc@enc.edu
                                             http://www.enc.edu/~owensc
  Network & Systems Administrator
  Information Technology Services  "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's
  Eastern Nazarene College         best friend.  Inside of a dog it's
                                   too dark to read." - Groucho Marx