Re: What is wrong with this picture? (more)

rdm@tad.micro.umn.edu
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 20:55:24 -0500

Juergen Schoenwaelder writes:
> Well, which version of scotty do you use? The path
> /usr/local/lib/tnm2.1.5/site/ is for scotty-2.1.5 and the path
> /usr/local/lib/scotty/site/ is for an older version. Note, old
> scotty versions used the scotty_mibs variable instead of the
> tnm(mibs) variable to define the default set of MIBs.

Aha, I begin to understand.

The newer scotty doesn't install a "tkined" or a "scotty" executable.

However, the newer scotty dumped core on me when I tried to use it.
I've ripped every trace of scotty and tkined off my system, and
recompiled from scratch. Incidentally, the install-sh in
../unix/. won't work as install program -- but then hopefully you
already knew that.

I'm right now running tests (make check), and I am getting a lot
messages like:

==== Test generated error:
can not connect straps socket: no such file or directory
straps: unable to bind trap socket: Address already in use

I suspect some assumption is being violated.

Also, I'm still getting core dumps from scotty. Here's a backtrace
from one of them:

#0 0xef5e2d3c in strcpy ()
#1 0xef525018 in DecodePDU ()
#2 0xef5243d4 in DecodeMessage ()
#3 0xef5236f0 in Tnm_SnmpDecode ()
#4 0xef522348 in Tnm_SnmpEncode ()
#5 0xef529094 in Walk ()
#6 0xef528214 in SessionCmd ()
#7 0x168a4 in Tcl_Eval ()
#8 0x17664 in Tcl_CatchCmd ()
#9 0x168a4 in Tcl_Eval ()
#10 0x22970 in ExprLex ()
#11 0x22c50 in ExprGetValue ()
#12 0x23a2c in ExprTopLevel ()
#13 0x23c04 in Tcl_ExprBoolean ()
#14 0x19718 in Tcl_IfCmd ()
#15 0x168a4 in Tcl_Eval ()
#16 0x36fb8 in InterpProc ()
#17 0x168a4 in Tcl_Eval ()
#18 0x36d78 in Tcl_UplevelCmd ()
#19 0x168a4 in Tcl_Eval ()
#20 0x17664 in Tcl_CatchCmd ()
#21 0x168a4 in Tcl_Eval ()
#22 0x33630 in TclParseNestedCmd ()
#23 0x339f4 in TclParseWords ()
#24 0x16664 in Tcl_Eval ()
#25 0x19848 in Tcl_IfCmd ()
#26 0x168a4 in Tcl_Eval ()
#27 0x19848 in Tcl_IfCmd ()
#28 0x168a4 in Tcl_Eval ()
#29 0x36fb8 in InterpProc ()
#30 0x168a4 in Tcl_Eval ()
#31 0x36d78 in Tcl_UplevelCmd ()
#32 0x168a4 in Tcl_Eval ()
#33 0x19848 in Tcl_IfCmd ()
#34 0x168a4 in Tcl_Eval ()
#35 0x18df8 in Tcl_ForeachCmd ()
#36 0x168a4 in Tcl_Eval ()
#37 0x36fb8 in InterpProc ()
#38 0x168a4 in Tcl_Eval ()
#39 0x36fb8 in InterpProc ()
#40 0x168a4 in Tcl_Eval ()
#41 0x16cc8 in Tcl_GlobalEval ()
#42 0xef50cbc0 in InedFlushQueue ()
#43 0xef50d4ac in InedReceiveProc ()
#44 0x2e164 in ChannelHandlerEventProc ()
#45 0x33008 in ServiceEvent ()
#46 0x3325c in Tcl_DoOneEvent ()
#47 0x1505c in EventLoop ()
#48 0x15500 in main ()