Re: 147% Interface load

Doug Hughes (Doug.Hughes@Eng.Auburn.EDU)
Tue, 4 Mar 1997 08:52:43 -0600

>Hello,
>
>recently I tried the "ifload" example from the scotty distribution.
>Nice one! However, to my surprise the output shows rates like
>120 % and even more quite frequently.
>
>According to "snmpwalk" the interface speed appears to be
>correct. Any explanations?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jochen

I think that the Interface Load is about twice what it should
be displaying (according to the locIfLoad parameter built
into the cisco). I assume it does some kind of averaging
of the input and output rates to calculate some sort of
full-duplex interface load.

It seems that dividing the displayed load by 2 displays
something that is more accurate.

-