Re: traps in scotty

Ed Phillips (flaregun@UDel.Edu)
Wed, 4 Sep 1996 17:27:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 4 Sep 1996, Juergen Schoenwaelder wrote:

> Ed Phillips <flaregun@UDel.Edu> said:
>
> Ed> Another problem you may be seeing is that straps quits after
> Ed> at the first scotty "trap handler" program has started and no
> Ed> more are running.
>
> [ ... ]
>
> Ed> Personally I think straps should stay running forever... but I
> Ed> haven't had time to muck with it. As long as you know that
> Ed> you have to restart straps, it's okay like it is.
>
> Straps starts automatically whenever it is needed and it exits
> automatically as soon as it is not needed anymore. There is no need to
> worry about whether the straps daemon is running or not if everything
> is installed properly. Scotty will do it right automagically.
>
> Juergen

Well... that explains it then. I was just looking in the straps.c
code and didn't even look in the tcl/scotty code to see if straps would
get started automatically... is this new in 2.x or 2.1.x?
This is a great package!!!

Thanks,
Ed

| Ed Phillips <flaregun@udel.edu> University of Delaware (302) 831-6082 |
| Systems Programmer II, Network and Systems Services |
| Public key footprint: 1C D4 AC C2 A3 D5 97 AA DB 3B D8 85 88 E7 40 B8 |
| finger -l flaregun@polycut.nss.udel.edu for PGP public key |