[tkined] NetworkAddress problems

From: Pete Flugstad (pete_flugstad@icon-labs.com)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 21:07:03 MET

I'm trying to run the scotty 2.1.10 as an snmp agent, and I'm having
problems with it responding to a GetNext in the atTable of RFC1213.
I've instantiated a number of rows in the table, but when I try and
walk the table, scotty spits out "unknown asn1 type 0x15" when it tries
to send out the NetworkAddress field that is part of this table.

I see in EncodePDU that it doesn't handle the case of a NetworkAddress
encoding. From my reading of RFC 1155, this should be a CHOICE encoding,
right, with "internet(1).a.b.c.d". I looked in the latest scotty 3.0.0
snapshot, and it looks like the mapping for NetworkAddress was changed
to IpAddress. This doesn't seem right either?

Any suggestions on what the best way to fix this in 2.1.10 is? Can
I change the mapping from NetworkAddress to IpAddress, like scotty 3.0.0
did? Or do I need to add a new case lable and encode it properly (whatever
that might be)? I'm still learning ASN.1 and BER, so I'm at a loss.

Thanks!

Pete