Re: Event notification via a pager or writing to a file.

Ed Sanborn (esanborn@healthgate.com)
Wed, 09 Apr 1997 16:15:57 -0400

Hi,

This is good. I'll use it for the short term but what I really want
is to be able to be paged when any threshold is exceeded not just
when a host is not answering to ICMP requests. For example, when
a Unix host has exceeded a cpu load of say 5 I want the icon to flash,
a page saying that the cpu load is X.XXX, and also I want a log of that
event to a static file. The onscreen stripchart is nice but I'll want
a permanent record.

-Ed

--
Edward A. Sanborn             Director of Information Technology
HealthGate Data Corp.        (617) 321-6000 x.236