Re: A few questions regarding bones

Patrick Weemeeuw (Patrick.Weemeeuw@kulnet.KULeuven.ac.be)
Thu, 16 Feb 1995 09:37:52 +0100

> From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de>:

> Regarding bones, I must admit that I am not very happy with the
> software. It is very likely that I will drop it and use msqltcl
> instead. msql is a really fast and simple SQL database server written
> by David J. Hughes -- a wonderful piece of work.

Could you please elaborate a bit about this? Is bones not reliable
enough, or does it lack any important functionality? Or perhaps it
simply seems like a waste of time to implement and support yet another
database, when other people do already a fine job regarding this...

Actually, I was just about to use bones to implement a database with
all kinds of configuration information, users, etc... exactly the
stuff that bones seems to be designed for. Hence I'm very interested
in your opinion in this.

Patrick.