Re: [tkined] ASN.1 Restriction on Object Identifiers

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de)
Date: Fri Jan 18 2002 - 21:10:02 MET

>>>>> Sanapoori, Hari writes:

Hari> I am using scotty.3-new version of which has basic support for
Hari> SNMPv3. Recently, I am seeing some problem while parsing the
Hari> output from our switch. The scotty is returning ERROR if the
Hari> oid is above 2.40. I traced the error and here is the piece of
Hari> code from where the scotty errors out.

[...]

Hari> The comment says that, ASN.1 restrictions on OID. I am looking
Hari> for some documentation to get more information. Any help in
Hari> understanding the problem or any solution to the problem would
Hari> be helpful for me.

I am pretty sure this check is correct. Get a copy of the ASN.1 and
BER standard. I guess even Marshall Rose's book explains the reason
for this arcane rule.

/js