[tkined] ASN.1 Restriction on Object Identifiers

From: Sanapoori, Hari (Hari.Sanapoori@marconi.com)
Date: Fri Jan 18 2002 - 15:41:03 MET

Hi,

I am using scotty.3-new version of which has basic support for SNMPv3.
Recently, I am seeing some problem while parsing the output from our switch.
The scotty is returning ERROR if the oid is above 2.40. I traced the error
and here is the piece of code from where the scotty errors out.

            /*
             * Check the ASN.1 restrictions on object identifier values.
             */

            if ((oidPtr->length < 2)
                || (oidPtr->elements[0] > 2 || oidPtr->elements[1] > 40)) {
                TnmOidFree(oidPtr);
                return TCL_ERROR;

The comment says that, ASN.1 restrictions on OID. I am looking for some
documentation to get more information. Any help in understanding the problem
or any solution to the problem would be helpful for me.

Thanks,

Rgds,
Hari Sanapoori
Marconi

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then
attachment, use the contents for any purposes, or disclose the contents to
any other person: to do so could be a breach of confidence.