Re: [tkined] Flashing icon

From: philippe mounier (mounier@enac.fr)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 08:50:21 MET

At 17:19 04/12/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
> > Is it possible to stop flashing icon when we receive
> > trap to acknowledge it ?
> >

> Why do you want to stop the icon from flashing ?

To acknowledge alarm (for the supervisor human)

> > ++ ined -noupdate flash $id 1000
> > -- ined -noupdate flash $id 10
>
> It seems like you want to keep it flashing forever?
>( or at least 1000 seconds ). And this certainly would
>fix the 1000 seconds problem , but what if you don't
>get back to your station in time to see the flashing,
>( perhaps an extended cigarette break ;) ) then you
>still would not see the flash.

1000 seconds to smoke a cigarette ....
Yes, it's long time, and because it's long time, you should stop the flashing.
But, if you let 10 seconds, you never see flashing ;(

> Perhaps it would be better to just change the color
>to red when you get a trap.Then you could use the tool
>bar to change the icon color back to what ever you
>want.

It's pehaps a better solution. But, to acknowledge alarm, you should change
manualy color of icon.
It's the same problem with flashing ....

>Otherwise you would need to keep a job running
>that checks to see if you unset flash for that icon.

Philippe