Re: [tkined] finding tclsh83.exe/wish83.exe (problem with tkined on Windows)

From: Pete Flugstad (pete_flugstad@icon-labs.com)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2001 - 20:41:28 MET

Juergen Schoenwaelder wrote:

> Alexios> Neither am I (a Windows programmer) but...
>
> Alexios> wouldn't "[info nameofexecutable]" help ?
>
> There is even an internal API Tcl_GetNameOfExecutable(). Perhaps this
> code needs a face-lift...

Yup, I was looking that over and it appears to be what is
needed. Use that to find the full path of whichever
interpreter is running (tclshXX.exe or wishshXX.exe),
then check and see if the other is in the same directory.
Make sense?

Assuming no comments, I'll code this up when I get a chance
and send you diffs.

I've got another diff that clears up warnings spit out by
gcc -Wall or the Visual C++ compiler. I'll send that
seperately (and probably sooner :-/).

Pete