Re: [tkined] finding tclsh83.exe/wish83.exe (problem with tkined on Windows)

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2001 - 17:41:16 MET

>>>>> Pete Flugstad writes:

Pete> In tracking this down, the problem appears to be in TnmInitPath
Pete> in tnmWinInit.c. It's trying to find where the tclsh83.exe and
Pete> wish83.exe are installed at, so it can use them to execute the
Pete> various sub-scripts used by tkined.

Pete> The code in there looks in the registry for the root of the
Pete> Scriptics or Sun TCL installs, and uses that to find the
Pete> binaries. If I hack up the registry to put the right values in,
Pete> I get a Tools menu (which I haven't tested at all, but that's a
Pete> seperate issue).

[...]

Pete> I'm not much of a Windows programmer, but is there a better way
Pete> to do this? Is there a way to do a "which tclsh83.exe" in
Pete> windows? Programatically? After all, the tclsh83.exe (or
Pete> wish83.exe) is the thing *running* right now, correct? Is there
Pete> a way to find the full path of the currently executing binary?
Pete> Would that be the right way to go?

I am certainly not a Windows programmer to answer this question.

We could of course let TnmInitPath search for Tnm specific registry
entries so that you can configure via regedit the real registry entry
which holds the right value. :-)

[Nearly all programming problems can be solved easily with the right
 amount of indirections.]

/js