[tkined] Problem with Tnm::mib pack

From: Don Goodspeed (dgoodspe@timetra.com)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 02:17:09 MET

Hi all,

I'm seeing the following issue with the Tnm::mib pack command.

% Tnm::mib pack snmpCommunityName BB
1.3.6.1.6.3.18.1.1.1.2.187

If I issue the command with "public" instead of "BB", I get the
proper encoding of the string-based index.

I've reproduced this with several private MIB variables as well
that all use string-based index values. Any 2-byte string of
"hex-capable" characters (A thru F) is translated to its decimal
equivalent instead of being translated character by character
to the ASCII equivalent.

I'm using the CVS copy of Tnm 3.0.0 (I recompiled last week) on RedHat
Linux 6.2 with TCL 8.3.2.

Any thoughts,
Don