[tkined] How to make trap processing faster

From: Vishi Anand (vanand@opthos.com)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 23:17:19 MET

I am using scotty (Tnm 3.0) on WinNT. I use callback mechanism to process
traps. My agent keeps track of all the traps that it has sent. I can request
my agent to re-send all these historical traps. But when this happens, my
script misses traps. If number of traps is large, the script even dies with
GPF.

If I use some third party trap browser, I receive all the traps. Here is my
callback script.

proc TrapCallBack {result} {
   set ipAddr [lindex $result 0]

   set vbList [lindex $result 1]
   set vbl [snmp value $vbList]

   puts "$ipAddr $vbl"
   return
}

What I want to do is display all the traps in a table using mkWidgets. This
works fine except for the case where I get bombarded by traps, which the
script can not handle. Is there any way to increase size of some buffers
etc. I don't care, if my script takes a while to process these traps, I just
don't want to miss them.

vishi