[tkined] timeout and retries in scotty tnm extension

From: Vishi Anand (vanand@opthos.com)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2001 - 23:40:25 MET DST

I have a case where my SNMP agent times out. I am using the default timeout
of 5 sec. and retries of 3. What I observe is that my script makes 3
requests to the agent in those 5 seconds (when the agent does not reply)

My thinking was that if I use a timeout of 5 seconds and retries is 3, then
my script will wait for a response from the agent for 5 seconds, if no
response comes, it will try again for next 5 seconds and then this process
will get repeated once more.

Am I missing something here?

vishi