[tkined] Windows binary snapshot

From: Pete Flugstad (pete_flugstad@icon-labs.com)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2001 - 18:43:54 MET DST

There was a good amount of interest in my Windows build, so
here it is.

I took a snapshot from the scotty CVS tree about a month ago,
and managed to build it and get it sort of operating on Windows
NT (and now 2000) using MS Visual C++ 6.0. I've verified
that at a minimum, some basic Tnm SNMP scripts I used regularly
work. tkined starts up, but I haven't tested it at all.

Here's what I did:
- took a snapshot of scotty CVS tree (C:\scotty-cvs)
- downloaded and installed ActiveState's Tcl 8.3.3 (C:\Tcl)
- grabbed the vclibs.zip and unpacked them into scotty
   win directory (c:\scotty-cvs\win) - see the README in
   that directory for obtaining these
- fixed various things in scotty windows makefile
   (C:\scotty-cvs\win\makefile)
- built - I fixed a few warnings that popped up along the way
           that looked like they needed fixing
- installed into C:\Tcl

I've created a zip file of everything that got installed:

   http://www.icon-labs.com/scotty/scotty.zip

this includes the C:\Tcl\lib\tnm3.0.0\ and C:\Tcl\lib\tkined1.5.0\
directories, C:\Tcl\bin\tkined as well as the critical DLLs:
C:\WinNT\System32\tnm300.dll and C:\WinNT\System32\tkined150.dll.

I preserved the paths in the zip file, so if you have ActiveState
TCL installed as C:\Tcl, you should be able to unzip this in your
C:\ directory and you should be set. Other setups will probably
need to modify things, move things around, etc.

Note: you MUST have ActiveState's TCL installed!!!

FYI, here's the scotty CVS source tree:

   http://www.icon-labs.com/scotty/scotty-cvs.zip

Note: My company helps people develop (among other things) SNMP agents
- I/we use scotty for SNMP testing against these agents. If you have
problems with tkined, or other tools, please post to the list and not
directly to me. I'll try and fix things if they are simple, or I
screwed something up here, but I don't have time to do a lot of work
on this.

Hope this works...

Pete Flugstad

PS: ad: if you need help developing an SNMP agent,
     give us a call :-) http://www.icon-labs.com