[tkined] Action Scripts

From: Kiran.G (kirang@tenetindia.com)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 05:58:56 MET DST

Hi,

I am working on developing an SNMP Manager using Scripts. The scripts are basically Action scenario scripts that perform SNMP operations based on certain condition. A sample script is given below:

IF (ADMINSTATUS = 1)
{
  SET IFOPESTATUS 1
  Trap linkDown $time, warning, ....
}

We need to decide on the Scripting language. The Agent is a Java application with which we need to integrate the script handler. The options are TCL, JACL, SCOTTY(TNM). Can any one help me with some information on which Scripting language should be easier and efficient to implement in this case.

Thanks very much in advance,

Regards,
Kiran.G