[tkined] snmp listeners for multiple trap ports.

From: Walsh Sean-swalsh01 (Sean.Walsh@motorola.com)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 16:53:37 MET DST

Hi Everybody,
What I have been attempting to do is to run 2 scotty listener sessions on the
same machine connected to a single device under test. The reason I need to
run 2 listener sessions is that I want to receive traps from the std port 162 but
I am also expecting traps from port 3001. What I have attempted to do is to run 2
scotty sessions on the same machine, one for 162 traps and one for 3001 traps.

my_term1(session1) % scotty
% package require Tnm 3.0
% Tnm::snmp listener -port 3001
snmp0
% snmp0 bind trap { \
puts "%V %A %T"}

my_term2(session2) % scotty
% package require Tnm 3.0
% Tnm::snmp listener -port 162
snmp0
% snmp0 bind trap { \
puts "%V %A %T"}

I know from reading through the scotty archives that there is a problem with receiving traps
on ports other than 162 so what I have found is that both sessions above receive traps destined
for port 162. I brought up the 2 sessions again but this time I found that by running
'nmtrapd 3001' in my_xterm1(session1) I was now receiving traps from port 3001 but
my_term2(session2) was now receiving traps from port 3001 also (and not 162 as I would have
liked) See below.

my_term1(session1) % scotty
% package require Tnm 3.0
% nmtrapd 3001
% Tnm::snmp listener -port 3001
snmp0
% snmp0 bind trap { \
puts "%V %A %T"}

my_term2(session2) % scotty
% package require Tnm 3.0
% Tnm::snmp listener -port 162
snmp0
% snmp0 bind trap { \
puts "%V %A %T"}

Here are some questions that I would appreciate some help on:
1/. Is it possible right now to run 2 scotty (listener sessions) on the same machine, one receiving
traps from port 162 and the second session from port 3001

2/. Is it possible to run 2 listeners in the same scotty session one receiving traps from port 162
and the second session from port 3001

I am confused right now how to proceed. If anyone has any suggestions I would be glad to hear them

Thanks
Sean