[tkined] Community problem

From: Ruiz, Iņigo (inigo.ruiz@grupoiberostar.com)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 13:13:37 MET DST

        Hi everybody.

        I´m knew using this tool and I got the next problem after changing
the communities in the routers:

        I have decided to change the communities in the managed routers from
public to another one. In the scotty I have change the community in the
attribute SNMP:Config of each node and also in "set parameters" of
"SNMP-Monitor" menu (this last change can't be saved, and becomes to public
when you open again the archive). The problem is that it works properly in
this situation but when the community becomes to public in "SNMP-Monitor"
menu, the stripcharts of the interfaces doesn't work (says "no response")
although the community is ok in the attribute SNMP:Config of the node. Also
I have found another problem. When the communities were "public" and I force
to discover a router in the net, the node appeared with several attributes;
name, address, SNMP:Config , sysDescr, Sys ObjecttiD. But now with the new
community only appears the name and address.
        ŋWhat is the problem?

        Thank you very much and regards.

Iņigo Ruiz de Aretxabaleta
GRAPES Communications Espaņa