RE: [tkined] Nosuchname

From: John Karsten (john.karsten@home.com)
Date: Mon Sep 03 2001 - 01:50:44 MET DST

I had this as well and resolved it by adding the SNMP:Config attribute to
all of the nodes as well as the strip charts. I am using scotty-2.1.9. This
is the exact process I used to make this work. I entered the correct
community string into the SNMP-Monitor > Set SNMP Parameter menu option. I
am using a couple of different oids but you can test it on Interface Load
all. Select the node and then select SNMP-Monitor > Interface Node All. You
should now get the stripcharts for all of the interfaces without any errors.
Then select the stripchart that you would like to keep and then right click
and choose Create a New Attribute. Under Name: enter "SNMP:Config" and under
Value: I have entered the following. Adapt the IP, version and community
string to your needs. "-address 192.168.1.1 -port 161 -version
SNMPv2c -community blah -timeout 5 -retries 3 -window 10 -delay 5". This
resulted with the following in my tki map file.

ined -noupdate attribute $stripchart1 SNMP:Config {-address
192.168.1.1 -port 161 -version SNMPv2c -community blah -timeout 5 -retries
3 -window 10 -delay 5}

If all of your community names are the same you can also set the default in
tkined.defaults. This doesn't always load correctly depending on the tk path
configuration so if this is what you want to use let me know and I can
explain that as well.

Let me know how you made out.

John