Re: [tkined] Try again: Beast binary for both Scotty and Expect

From: Tim Westbrook (iondiode@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 10 2001 - 02:12:05 MET DST

Hello,
  Don Libes' site ( http://expect.nist.gov) seems to
have the most up to date information on Windows expect
ports. The problem is the only standalone port really
stands alone in that it on supports a certain version
of Tcl for windows and uses some of the BLT library to
implement the expect functionallity. Another option is
to run CYGWIN ( unix environment ) in windows, but you
would need to compile Scotty for CYGWIN, which may
have been done already?
  As for linux , it is a non-issue because all you
need to do with any modern version of Expect or scotty
is run the 'package require' command from within the
scotty or expect interpreters (assuming you built
TCL/TK/Expect/Scotty with shared library support)
  Another option would be to take your current
TkExpect that you are using and use it to execute your
scotty scripts, kind of kludgy but it will work for
any script type for which you have an interpreter.

Tim