[tkined] memory leaks in CVS tree

From: Pete Flugstad (pete_flugstad@icon-labs.com)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 16:43:49 MET DST

Hi,

  I'm using the scotty from the anon-CVS tree (snapshot taken about
a week ago). I'm running basic scotty/tcl scripts (no TK) that do some
setup, then just beat on an SNMP agent iteratively (looking for memory
leaks in the agent :-). This is some really basic stuff, SNMP Set's
mostly, all sychronous. I don't even think this script triggers SNMP
errors at all (so no error handling).

  I'm seeing some pretty significant memory growth in the thing, very
quickly, so I'm guessing there's a memory leak, or I'm doing something
wrong. Are there any known leaks that might not have patches in the
anon-CVS tree? What areas can I look into to try and track this down
for you? Or, what am I doing wrong that causes these leaks?

  Platform is Linux 2.2.X. Tcl/Tk is 8.3. I'm attaching the script
that I'm using - I can't attach the enterprise mib I'm using at this
point, sorry (it get's included by setup.tcl, which this script sources).

  On a seperate note, I know there were plans to switch to using
libSMI for the mib parser/interface for scotty. And movement on
that front? Is there a way I can help? What is holding up an
official Tnm 3.0.0 release?

Thanks,
Pete