Re: [tkined] Core dump getting index of a TC-defined object

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de)
Date: Thu Jun 07 2001 - 13:29:28 MET DST

Don> First off, I'm running the latest CVS code as of June 5th, 2001,
Don> but I first saw this problem with 2.1.10. My operating system is
Don> Red Hat Linux 6.2. My TCL version is 8.3.2.

Don> I've got a proprietary MIB attribute in one table (let's call it
Don> xTableAttribute) that is defined with a Textual Convention (let's
Don> call it XTCName) imported from another MIB module.

Don> In that second MIB module there is a table called xTCNameTable
Don> which is index'ed by xTCName which is also defined as the textual
Don> convention XTCName.

Don> The textual convention itself, XTCName, is defined as an
Don> Unsigned32.

Don> When I execute [Tnm::mib index xTableAttribute], I get a core
Don> dump.

Don> When I execute [Tnm::mib syntax xTableAttribute], I get SEQUENCE.

Don> Any thoughts?

A core dump is definately a bug. However, without concrete MIB
definitions that allow me to reproduce this bug, I am not going
to lock at this.

In general, I do not have the time to look into bugs which I can not
reproduce easily. So if people really want help, then they have to
invest at least the time to write usable bug reports that make it easy
to reproduce the problem.

/js