[tkined] can not bind socket: address already in use

From: Jurkin Drazen (drazen.jurkin@siemens.hr)
Date: Fri Jun 01 2001 - 09:38:15 MET DST

Hi *!

Sometimes, when I try to bind trap:

set sid [Tnm::snmp listener -version SNMPv2c]
$sid bind trap {
.
.
.
}

I receive a message:

can not bind socket: address already in use
    while executing
"$sid bind trap {

My questions are:

1) Why this address is already in use - what is happend here? (This also
happend when I restart a computer and execute my script with this lines for
a first time after restarting.)

2) Is it possible to prevent this - how?

3) Which address is already in use?

4) Is it possible to check is this address already in use, and if it is - to
make it "free"?

Thanks a lot.
Greetings:

Drazen