[tkined] scotty2.1.9 vs scotty2.1.10 problems

From: Stephen M. Ford (sford@eng.auburn.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 18 2001 - 17:16:08 MET DST

I've given up on scotty3.0.0 and gone back to scotty2.1.10 on solaris8 now run running tcl/tk8.0.5. When I run a previously installed version of scotty2.1.9 with a previously installed version of tlk/tk8.0.5, I can gain access to all of our switches, except 3 which give me a noResponce error. When I try scotty2.1.10, that I installed with the tcl/tk8.0.5 I installed, I get a noResponce error from all the switches but I can gain access to the 3 switches I couldn't access before. There were two mib files that were different in the old then the new so I've moved them into the new but I still get the same performance as well as trying to swap the mibs by changing the mibs loaded using lappend to auto_path doesn't change the performance either. Has anyone had a problem like this before? Where else should I look to see what the differences between my install and the previous install? Oh, and I am trying all of these tests on the same machine as the same user.

Thanks,
Stephen