[tkined] Scotty/Tkined Install Problem...

From: Buff, James (james.buff@wcg.com)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2001 - 15:10:54 MET DST

Here's the environment info:

Sun Solaris 2.6
Tcl 8.1 (binary from sunfreeware)
Tk 8.1 (binary from sunfreeware)
GCC 2.95.3 used for compilation
Latest version of Scotty from the official site
(http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~schoenw/scotty/#SOURCES)

Here's the problem I'm having (I've included a log file, "install.log" of
the "make" and "make install" steps of the process).
I run ./configure, it makes a Makefile and with a little modification the
"make" will run completely through. When I do a "make install" is where I'm
having the problem, here's the exact output:

*****

tOSSit# pwd
/opt/Scotty/scotty-2.1.9/unix
tOSSit# make install
Installing scotty 2.1.9 and tnm2.1.9.so
Installing ./../tnm/library/README
Installing ./../tnm/library/dialog.tcl
Installing ./../tnm/library/output.tcl
Installing ./../tnm/library/snmp.tcl
Installing ./../tnm/library/monitor.tcl
Installing ./../tnm/library/obsolete.tcl
Installing ./../tnm/library/init.tcl
initialization failed: couldn't load file "/usr/local/lib/tnm2.1.9.so":
ld.so.1: ./scotty: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/local/lib/tnm2.1.9.so:
symbol _res: referenced symbol not found
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target "tnm-install-library"

*****

The tnm2.1.9.so file exists at this location, its binary so I can't vi it.
I've used "strings" to get a look at it, but I'm not real sure what I'm
looking at anyway. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks in advance for your help!

James Buff
Williams Communications Group, Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
james.buff@wcg.com

 <<install.log>>