[tkined] problems with a snmp agent simulator

From: Caruana, Damien (CaruaD@europe.stortek.com)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 18:35:07 MET DST

I use the tcl-tk 8.3.2 binary release and the scotty 3.0.0 binary release on
windowsNT 4.0 to do a snmp agent simulator.
And I have some problems:
- When I want to do a "Contact MIB tree", I have to do it in localhost
precising 'localhost or 127.0.0.1' as remote snmp Agent because I have a
timeout if I precise my IP address.
- And when I precise localhost, my agent simulator respond:
expected integer but got "<1561200> 1 day, 19:22:42.00"
        <snmp send reply>
An other thing, if I use the microsoft snmputil who runs on MSDOS, I can
directly do a "Walk MIB tree", without doing a "contact" witch is necessary
whith my MIB browser, and the agent simulator respond correctly if I don't
precise my IP address but localhost.

Can anyone of you tell me why it doesn't work with my IP adress, and if it
can be a scotty tnm probleme, or something else, and what can I do to
resolve these problems?
Thanks