Re: [tkined] new guy with a scotty install problem

From: Erik Schoenfelder (schoenfr@gaertner.de)
Date: Mon Apr 09 2001 - 22:41:48 MET DST

Hi,

Stephen> I'm trying to install the newest scotty from the cvs
Stephen> with tcl8.3.2-dev and tk8.3.2-dev on a sparc10 running
Stephen> solaris8. Everything seems to be working fine with
Stephen> make install until

Stephen> ld.so.1: ./scotty: fatal: libtcl8.3.so: open failed:
Stephen> No such file or directory
Stephen> *** Error code 137
Stephen> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `tnm-install-mibs'
Stephen> :-/ I've set the with-tcl when I did configure, else I
Stephen> wouldn't have gotten this far so I don't understand
Stephen> why it can't find the file. I've even set my path to
Stephen> the lib directory. [...]

well, i assume the shared lib (or symlink to it) is present in your
filesystem. so maybe you set the wrong path ?

at compile time the runtime path is not added for sure.

at runtime you may try to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable
to the path of the shared library (or add that path, if the variable
alrady exists) and try again to launch the binary.

or you may try to add this path at link time by setting the
LD_RUN_PATH environment variable to the path and then link the shared
executable.

however, the ld(1) tells more about these environment variables and
options and ldd(1) helps to track down troubles with shared libs.

and best greetings to your sparc 10 in times of this cheap intel stuff
- somewhat oldie but goldy ;-)

                                                        Erik