Re: [tkined] SNMP trap question

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de)
Date: Mon Apr 09 2001 - 11:21:49 MET DST

>>>>> Jurkin Drazen writes:

[...]

Jurkin> But, I can not "catch" this TRAP message with this little TCL
Jurkin> script.:

[...]

Jurkin> after 30000

[...]

Jurkin> I started DOS tool trapsend while this TCL script is executing
Jurkin> (it runs for 30 seconds, because of after 30000), but I didn't
Jurkin> receive anything.

Jurkin> Where I made mistake?

The `after' command is blocks the process. It does not process any
events. So the script terminates before Tnm had a chance to read the
trap packet. Check the Tcl documentation on how you can fall into the
event loop (see after(n), vwait(n)).

/js