Re: [tkined] SNMP broken?

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de)
Date: Wed Mar 07 2001 - 18:17:19 MET

>>>>> Mowery, John K writes:

Mowery> I've recently installed tkined/scotty on RedHat Linux
Mowery> 7.0. Everything seems to be working fine - EXCEPT SNMP. When I
Mowery> load an SNMP tool all is well until I actually try to use
Mowery> it...Then the menu disappears!!!!

Mowery> Where should I start?

The first thing is to say precisely what you are using. Which version
of scotty do you have? Did you install an RPM (if yes, which one?) or
did you compile yourself?

The second thing to do is to trace what is going on. The tools are
running as separate processes, forked from the tkined process. I guess
the process in question is just dying (perhaps a segmentation fault)
and tkined is friendly and cleans up the menu afterwards (how nice
:-). You may want to confirm this theory by checking the processes
forked by tkined. Doing e.g. an strace or even an ltrace on them
should shed some light on the problem.

[BTW, please turn off HTML when sending emails to this list. Thanks.]

/js