Re: [tkined] CWM aka SV+ SNMPproxy

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 17:32:16 MET

>>>>> Szokoli Gabor writes:

Szokoli> Bit off-topic, but this seems to be the bet place to ask: I'm
Szokoli> sending set requests to this SNMP proxy. This sometomes
Szokoli> works, but takes a long time (that's OK, I'm ordering it to
Szokoli> do pretty complicated tasks via SNMP), but sometimes not:
Szokoli> after about 30-40 seconds, I get a genErr 1 or genErr 10. Is
Szokoli> there a way to make sense of these error codes?

RFC 1905 says:

: (12) If the processing of the variable binding fails for a reason other
: than listed above, then the value of the Response-PDU's error-
: status field is set to `genErr', and the value of its error-index
: field is set to the index of the failed variable binding.

In other words, something went wrong and you need to check the agents
source code to find out what if was. The number 10 just says that the
error occured in the 10th varbind list element.

/js