[tkined] Scotty 2.1.10 on AIX

From: Ilia Bunin (ilia_b@integrity-sys.com)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 13:05:05 MET

Hello!
I have AIX 4.2, Tcl 8.0.4, Scotty 2.1.10.
The product compiled through tcl2c loads tnm2.1.10.so to send snmp traps.
This works perfectly on Solaris, but the same configuration has problems
with AIX.
I configure Tcl with --disable-shared --enable-static, also --enable-shared,
for configure of scotty it doesn't matter, its Makefile doesn't change (with
enable-shared)

When running even the sources through tclsh (without compiling) after
tnm2.1.10.so
has been loaded, there is tclsh error: no value given for parameter snmp
when calling proc ..., while this
proc doesn't have parameters at all. It cold be connected to init.tcl,
because I used another init.tcl from other platform,
and got : no value given for parameter ~global? (or something else) when
calling proc ...

There was a workaround written in porting.notes about AIX, it says
to add -bnoentry to SHLIB_LD, for Aix loader, but in Tcl 8.0.4 it is there
already

Additional strange behaviour of scotty - after every puts it adds a line
"file"
and after exit it writes : Usage - history file

Could you please advise about this matter.
Thank you for your time

Ilia Bunin

Integrity Systems

Tel: 972-3-7522424-(120)