[tkined] tkined confusion

From: Max Kalika (max@the-triumvirate.net)
Date: Sat Feb 24 2001 - 19:31:52 MET

Greetings,

I just started playing with scotty/tkined. Using the current CVS version (as
of yesterday), I cannot seem to import the UCD-SNMP-MIB.txt. I copied all of
UCD's mib file to lib/tnm3.0.0/mibs and added the following line to
lib/tnm3.0.0/site/init.tcl:

   lappend tnm(mibs) UCD-SNMP-MIB.txt

However, none of ucdavis* snmp objects are available. When I tried to import
the mib file manually in the SNMP Tree tool, it said "Uknown MIB node 1".
Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Aside from that the problems I encountered so far are:

1) I had to comment out a line in tnm3.0.0/library/init.tcl because of the
following error:

    Error in startup script: couldn't open MIB file "TUBS-IBR-TNM-COMPAT": no
    such file or directory

    X Error of failed request: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)
      Major opcode of failed request: 1 (X_CreateWindow)
      Serial number of failed request: 5774

3) What should go in the Time base field of the Monitor Variable dialog box?

Thanks in advance for any information.

--mk23